Benefits of Volunteer Work
- Make new friends
- Meet new people
- Be needed and appreciated
- Learn new skills
- Have fun
- Be part of something worthwhile
- Gain valuable experience
- Make a positive contribution in your community
- A pathway to a career change into community services
Join as a Volunteer
- Program support
- Special Events
How to Become a Volunteer
- Contact us and discuss what sort of activity you are interested in.
- You may be required to undergo a police security check or provide your current clearance certificate.
- You will be assigned a role with a clear position description.
- If an appropriate role does not exist at the time, you have the opportunity to be registered on our volunteer database for future reference.
- You will be provided with induction training designed to inform you about the Goolwa Community Centre, your role and the job itself, as well as safe work practices.
- Please read appropriate Policies and Procedures as they relate to your role.
- You will be required to take part in any appropriate training – this will be scheduled for you by the Volunteer Coordinator.